- I've got a problem/request/proposal/praise/critique.
- I'm approachable under mk3ll3r(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll make an effort to respond to all e-Mails.
- What requirements do I need?
- 7-Zip: version 4.65 or higher
- How do these "Themes" work?
- The icons are replaced directly inside the 7-Zip files. Till 7zTM 2.0 the program Resource Hacker was used to achive this but starting with 2.1 it was replaced by Anolis Resourcer. At this place i want to thank the authors of both programs for their great work.
- Why do I need administrator privileges?
- The aforementioned procedure requires them for security reasons.
- What about changing the SFX-icon?
- It's about the standard icon which 7-Zip uses for SFX-archives (self-extracting archives). Since 7zTM 2.0 it can be replaced via a button in the main menu, so that it will be used for all future archives.
Caution: Please choose only real *.ico*-files. 7zTM does not check the file for suitability (except the file extension). The selection of a regular image file (e.g. ".jpg") that has been renamed to *.ico* can damage 7-Zip.
- What is the online update / Why is 7zTM trying to connect to the internet?
- On startup 7zTM searches for new versions. Thereby the current version number gets downloaded (text file) and it gets compared to the own one. If a new version of 7zTM is available the update button becomes green.
No personal information gets transmitted during the update process.
- Why is the background of my Toolbar Themes black instead of transparent?
- This bug mostly occurs in conjunction with the nVidia GeForce drivers. Unfortunately we are not aware of a solution. As a workaroung you can reduce the hardware acceleration via the display properties or the graphic card driver.
- Under which license are the Themes put?
- All Toolbar-and Filetype-Themes included in 7zTM are either licensed under free licenses or we obtained the autor's permission in case of doubt.
If, in spite of a careful consideration from us, one of the Toolbar- and Filetype-Icons is licensed under a different license than the one specified in the program then please send us a message and we will initiate subsequent measures.